Rooibos is a creamy, caffeine-free herbal tea that comes from South Africa. When it is blended with Vanilla, it creates a beautiful sweet harmony of flavor.
Shop for Vanilla Rooibos on our Caffeine-Free tab.
To flavor your food with rooibos, you want to "brew" it in one of the liquid ingredients, in this case, milk. It is best to let it simmer loose without a teabag and then strain it after. Don't worry if you cannot strain all of the leaves, they are perfectly edible and will add more depth to the flavor.
Vanilla Rooibos Cupcakes
1/2 cup coconut milk yogurt
1/3 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup oat flour
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp vanilla rooibos
Vegan cream cheese
Dash of vanilla extract
Powdered sugar to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. Simmer the almond milk and the rooibos for 5 min then strain (its ok if some leaves get through)
3. whisk yogurt, rooibos milk, oil, and extracts
4. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients
6. Line a muffin pan with your choice of cupcake liner
7. Fill each liner 2/3 full
8. Bake 20min, cool on racks
Cream Cheese Frosting
Just stir those ingredients together and keep adding sugar until you get the desired taste.
These pair really well with Vanilla Rooibos, of course. But they also pair well with any other creamy sort of tea like Caramel Oolong, Vanilla Black, and Pancakes.
Crazy about tea